|For further information, or if we don't have what you're looking for, visit the sites listed below. Have fun browsing, and make sure to bookmark our page and come back often!
Founded in 1984, the International Decorative Artisans League (IDAL) is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion and preservation of the art of stenciling and related decorative painting. Membership provides opportunities for artistic and professional growth through: education, certification, public awareness, and networking
Check out this great organization. Click here
Other types of Stencils:
- Fontgod.com will take your handwriting, photos, or even original designs and turn them into a font, which can be typed out on almost any computer! We can even take the font and custom cut you our SayWhat? stencils.
- Blue Ribbon Stencils The best source of Country Primitive & Folk Art Stencils anywhere!
- For shipping crate type stencils try stencils.com. These aren't your decorative type, they're more to identify parking spots, shipping boxes, or commercial vehicles.
- Glass Etching Kits Small reusable stencils you can produce at home, great if you're doing larger quantities of etched glass projects.
- Vigini Studios in San Antonio, Texas is world renowned for their fine art and faux finishing classes. You can also phone them at 877-977-3289.
- If you live in Georgia or are willing to travel, and are interested in some excellent classes on stenciling, faux finishing, and business workshops, contact Donna's Designs in Snellville, GA. at (888) 92-Donna, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit her website at learnfaux.com
- In Florida another excellent location is the Sarasota School of Decorative Arts. Email them at email@example.com They also sell several brands of stencils, including ours.
- In the Green Bay, Wisconsin, area check out Lasting Impressions. Pat and Jackie Baxter sell various stencil brands and give classes, plus do great custom work. Click on the link to go to their great website or email them.
- Custom Stenciling by Constance , in Manassas, Virginia, teaches beginner to advanced stenciling and beginner faux painting classes. Click Here to visit her website, e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone (703) 331-3519
- In ther Denver area, be sure to check out the Stencilshop.com
Artist and Professional Sites:
- Nancie Chopp is a talented local artist who works in the El Dorado County, CA area. See her work at art-of-the-home.com
- Jennifer Allwood (the Magic Brush) is a wonderful decorative artist in Kanas City, Mo. Check out her website at themagicbrushinc.com, she also has a great blog at themagicbrushinc.blogspot.com
- Artistic Alternatives of Hillsborough, NJ shows beautiful faux and mural work.
- "Art Effects" is the result of the combined efforts of Tim Haas of Tim Haas Artistry and Linda Cassels-Hofmann of Castles In The Air. Together they use a wide variety of techniques to create imaginative illusions with their murals and artwork.
- The Placerville Arts Association is El Dorado County’s oldest non-profit art group, in continuous operation since it was formed in the early 1960’s
- For some beautiful watercolor work, take a look at our friend Linda Erfle's site at lindaerfle.com. Not stencils, but great work.
- Classic Wall Works - Faux Finishes and Decorative Painting
Based in Central New Jersey, specializes in Faux Painting, Decorative Interior Painting, Venetian Plaster, Stenciling and Murals.
- El Dorado Arts Council- promoting the arts throughout the El Dorado County area.
Magazines and Media:
Supplies and related items::
- Deco Art - fine craft paints- we supply these with our paint kits.
- Golden Artist Colors Excellent paints for airbrush, faux finishing, and fine art.
- kulps.com UNFINISHED CRAFT SLATE in many shapes and sizes for decorative painters. Nice site with lots of examples.
- Stencilsearch.com Your online Guide to Stenciling, Stencils, and Stencil Artists
- ARTISTICALLY SPEAKING.. Decorative artists online magazine and community... the complete resource for decorative artisans, faux finishers, muralists, artisans and craftsmen, designers, decorators, architects...the creative entrepreneur!
||The place for decorative artists and finishers
Win with bid sniping on eBay